You may choose not to provide NOA fine jewellery with your Personal Data. However, if you choose not to provide your Personal Data, you may not be able to purchase our goods.
We take steps to keep your Personal Data accurate and up to date. If you reside in the European Economic Area, you have certain rights outlined below under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in relation to the Personal Data that we have collected about you. To exercise your rights to your Personal Data, please contact us at the address listed below. Subject to applicable law and in exceptional circumstances only, we will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable, and in any event, within the time limits prescribed by law.
We have a rigorous approach to privacy and the management of personal data. All information collected about our audiences is in accordance with:
The General Data Protection Regulation
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003
Directive 2009/136/EC of 25 November 2009 (European Union Cookie Directive)
Frieda Kaplan Gross, NOA fine jewellery, BSG Valentine, Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9BQ
Types of information we collect
NOA fine jewellery may collect and process the following information about you:
- Voluntary information provided by you, for example when you register online or sign up to receive emails from us on our website noafinejewellery.com
- When you make a purchase on the website, by phone, email or paper-based communication. We maintain a record of your transaction history but will not retain your credit card details.
- Information about your use of our website, for example pages viewed, location data or traffic sources used to visit our website
- IP addresses – we use IP addresses to help identify those using NOA fine jewellery website to gather broad demographic information for reporting purposes. The use of IP addresses is also used to help diagnose problems with our server and may also be used to assist in the detection of fraud. In this instance NOA fine jewellery may pass this information to the police.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Payment: If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service or Privacy Statement (we can provide these for you if you wish, just contact us).
Third party services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your Personal Data to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your Personal Data will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
How we use the data that is collected
NOA fine jewellery aims to use the information that is collected to provide a personalised service to all our customers. Data is used for:
NOA fine jewellery will use the personal information provided to fulfil purchases, for example processing address details for shipping purposes. This includes contacting you in relation to any queries, for example answering an email, and sending confirmations.
Marketing and communications
When you register online or make a purchase on the website, you can choose whether you would like to receive marketing communications from NOA fine jewellery by email.
If you have opted in to any of these forms of communication, you will receive marketing tailored to the information you have provided us when first registering. We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have opted in to receive communications. When joining NOA fine jewellery through any offline application process you will also be asked for contact preferences.
Service based communication
NOA fine jewellery will use the information supplied to send NOA fine jewellery email subscribers service-based communications about their subscription benefits and renewal.
How long we keep your personal information
The period we keep your information depends on the purpose for which your information was collected and the use to which it was put. NOA fine jewellery does not retain or use personal data for longer than is required.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Data relating to customers is kept for up to a period of six years. If you have not attended an event or purchased a product from us in two years, then we will email you to give you an opportunity to proactively provide permission for NOA fine jewellery to continue contacting you. If you do not wish to provide permission, then we will no longer keep in touch.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers (if any) and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Updating your personal information
You can manage your communication preferences through MailChimp (email marketing platform) by contacting them directly or updating your preferences in any of the emails received from us.
Upon your request NOA fine jewellery can correct or update information.
Alternatively, you can contact Frieda Kaplan Gross on email email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7935 8180 who will assist you with updating your details.
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change, please keep us informed of such changes as soon as possible. Those whose data is held by NOA fine jewellery have the right to the amendment or deletion of incorrect entries within a reasonable time. NOA fine jewellery stores information only as long as necessary.
In some circumstances we may not agree with your request to change your personal information and will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
Access to your personal information
You can ask to see the personal information that we hold about you. If you want to review, verify or correct your personal information, please note that any such communication may be required in writing. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information; however, we will advise you of any fee in advance.
Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will try to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
If you require assistance in preparing your request, please contact Frieda Kaplan Gross at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 7935 8180.
Under the GDPR you have various rights which include:
- The right to ask us for confirmation on whether we are processing your Personal Data, and access to the Personal Data and related information on that processing (e.g., the purposes of the processing, or the categories of Personal Data involved);
- The right to have your Personal Data corrected, as permitted by law;
- The right to ask us to delete your Personal Data, as permitted by law. This right may be exercised among other things: (i) when your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; (ii) when you withdraw consent on which processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for processing; (iii) when you object to processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or when you object to the processing when your Personal Data has been unlawfully processed.
- You have the right to receive the Personal Data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller, including to have it transmitted directly, where technically feasible.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data, as permitted by law. This right is limited to processing based on Art. 6 (1) (e) or (f) GDPR, and includes profiling based on those provisions, and processing for direct marketing purposes. After which, we will no longer process your Personal Data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Legal Basis for Processing under the GDPR
In this section we provide information on the legal basis for our processing of your Personal Data as required by Art. 13 and 14 of the GDPR:
- When you or interact with us, such processing is necessary for the completion of our sales orders, Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
- When we collect precise Location Data following your prior consent, we process such data on the basis of your prior consent, Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR. In other cases where we process your Location Data without consent, for example in order to complete our sales order, such processing is necessary for the completion of the sales order, Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
- When you communicate with us or sign up for promotional materials, we process such data on the basis of our legitimate interest, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, and our legitimate interest is to provide you with our promotional messages. Where we are required under applicable local law to obtain your consent for sending you marketing information, the legal basis is your consent, Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
- When you participate in special activities, offers, or programs we process such data on the basis of our legitimate interest, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, and our legitimate interest is to provide you with our promotional messages or to allow you to participate in our special activities, offers or programs.
- When you engage with our online communities or advertising and we actively collect your Personal Data in this context, we process such data on the basis of our legitimate interest, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, and our legitimate interest is to provide you with our promotional messages.
- When you connect with us through social media:
Where we collect your consent in such case, for instance for marketing purposes, we process such data on the basis of your prior consent, Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
Where we do not collect your consent in such case, we process such data on the basis of our legitimate interest, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, and our legitimate interest is providing you with a better shopping experience and to enable you to enjoy access to our full offering (Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
- When we collect data from third parties or publicly-available sources:
For Personal Data which we need in order to complete your purchase as above (e.g. for email verification purposes), such processing is necessary for the business, Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
With regard to other Personal Data, we process such data on the basis of our legitimate interest, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, and our legitimate interest is providing you with your completed order as above and to enable you to use our services more efficiently.
- When we use and/or collect cookies, Location Data, data from the environment, and other analytics and tracking technologies, we process such data on the basis of your consent, Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR, and based on our legitimate interest, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, where we do not obtain your consent and our legitimate interest.
- When we aggregate or centralise data, such processing is either necessary for the performance of our Services, Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR, or we process such data on the basis of our legitimate interest, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, and our legitimate interest is to provide you with better or customised goods and marketing.
- When we disclose Personal Data to our affiliates and partners:
Where we collect your consent in such case, we process such data on the basis of your prior consent, Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR
Where we do not collect your consent in such case, such processing is necessary for the [performance of our services], Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR or we process such data on the basis of our legitimate interest, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, and our legitimate interest is to provide you with better information about or customised goods and marketing.
- When we process or share Personal Data in the event of an actual or contemplated sale, we process such data for our legitimate interest in offering, maintaining, providing, and improving our products and services, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
- When we conduct analytics, we process such data on the basis of our legitimate interest, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, and our legitimate interest is to enhance your experience and to develop and improve our products and services.
- When we investigate suspected illegal or wrongful activity, we process such data on the basis of our legitimate interest, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, and our legitimate interest is to ensure compliance with legal requirements and law enforcement requests and for public safety purposes.
Complaints to the Data Protection Authority
We encourage you to contact us directly and allow us to work with you to address your concerns. Nevertheless, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State where you reside, work or the place of the alleged infringement. You have the right to do so if you consider that the processing of Personal Data relating to you infringes applicable data protection laws.
Your other legal rights
Data protection legislation ensures that you are in control of your personal information. You have a right to:
- Request a copy of your personal information
- Ask us to correct information that is wrong or request for it to be only used for certain purposes
- Ask us to remove or delete personal information, also known as the right to be forgotten
- To object to using your personal information for certain purposes, for example profiling or in marketing emails
- Contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you feel that we are not managing your data in accordance with the GDPR
- Please bear in mind that sometimes we may not be able to help, for example due to legal or statutory obligations
Cookies used on this website are: Analytics Cookies, Add This Cookies, Functional Cookies, Session Cookies, Compliance Cookies
Whenever NOA fine jewellery handles personal information, regardless of where this occurs, every precaution is taken to ensure that information is treated securely, for instance by encrypting the information and by storing the information in a secure environment.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while NOA fine jewellery strives to protect personal information, it cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to NOA fine jewellery, which is done at the sender’s own risk.
In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity check and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use the same way.
Disclosure of data
Except from that stated above, NOA fine jewellery will not disclose any personally identifiable information to third parties without permission except where required to do so by law or by a competent regulatory authority. Any information collected by NOA fine jewellery will be treated confidentially.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To develop and improve the services which we offer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from the use or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service. We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers (if any), but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers (if any) reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers or others (including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reductions.)
Employees and recruitment
NOA fine jewellery complies with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) rules in which data about yourself that is provided during the application process is used and held.
From the point at which we receive your application, NOA fine jewellery will need to maintain and process data about you for the purposes of reaching and communicating a decision. Such data is normally retained for six months following completion of our recruitment processes in the event of an offer of employment not being made.
If you have any queries about the process or how we handle your information please email@example.com.
Linking to NOA fine jewellery website
Links to any content on this website are not allowed without full and proper reference to NOA fine jewellery whereby we reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
Links must not:
- Suggest that NOA fine jewellery promotes or endorses any third party’s causes, ideas, websites, products or services
- Use the content for inappropriate commercial purposes
NOA fine jewellery website contains links to external sites. Please note that NOA fine jewellery is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. NOA fine jewellery encourage its website users to be aware when they leave this website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website collecting personally identifiable information.
Screen shots of NOA fine jewellery website in print should only be used with the NOA fine jewellery’s permission. Screen shots must appear without any alteration to the copy or graphical images.
When using a screen shot, the URL of the NOA fine jewellery’s website must be included credit given to NOA fine jewellery as follows: Reprinted with permission from (URL here). © Copyright (year of creation) NOA fine jewellery. All rights reserved.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.